Faculty of Administrative Science Universitas Indonesia (FIA UI) was originally one of the departments in the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, University of Indonesia (FISIP UI).
Since March 2015, FIA UI has officially become its own faculty. FIA UI has three study programs, including: Commercial Administration Study Program, Fiscal Administration Study Program, and State Administration Study Program.
The Faculty also organizes education for Bachelor (Regular and Parallel), Post-Graduate (Masters, Double Degree and Doctoral) programs.
Administrative Science is the core study of organizations and policies, which do not view private and public organizations as a black box. In this case, Administrative Science examines the internal dynamics of private and public organizations as the main instruments of solving social problems that are as important as market mechanisms, altruism and positive anarchy. The scope of the Study of Administrative Sciences in addition to the internal dynamics of private organizations in relation to the production and distribution of private goods and services, also examines the internal dynamics of public organizations in relation to the production and consumption of public goods and services, as well as external factors that influence the dynamics of these two organizations. These external factors can be political, social and cultural, legal, technological, information and other global developments. This makes Administrative Science grow into a scientific discipline that is interdisciplinary in nature, has an area and method of study that is independent and parallel to other social science disciplines.
The characteristic that distinguishes the profiles of undergraduate and postgraduate graduates of the Faculty of Administrative Sciences UI from other faculties is the production of graduates who are able to compile and analyze policies at the macro, meso and micro levels of an organization. The demands of public and private organizations in increasing organizational competitiveness are needs that must be met by universities.
In addition, slices and relations are closer between the public (government) and private sectors where a deep understanding is needed between the disciplines of state administration and commercial administration. For example, the advancement of the science of new public management that adopts the application of the principles of private sector governance in the public sector makes the loss of barriers between the two disciplines. Application of this context, for example, is the policy of the Government of the Republic of Indonesia concerning the Administrative Reform (AR) agenda. One of the AR programs is for example changing various recruitment and selection mechanisms with system merit, results-based performance assessment, and remuneration based on work performance.
Relations between the two sectors are increasingly strengthened by the science of fiscal administration. Fiscal administration will bridge the need for the process of formulating a funding and expenditure policy strategy for both public and private organizations and the rules that affect public and private sector relations.
The dynamics of environmental changes such as globalization, emerging market economy, the massive development of information technology, are other variables that must be considered by organizations to be able to guarantee sustainability and their level of competitiveness at the national, regional and international levels. This situation is also one of the distinguishing characteristics of the Faculty of Administrative Sciences with other faculties. Graduates of the Faculty of Administrative Sciences are expected to be able to elaborate on these dynamics, and provide analysis and synthesis that are the basis for making organizational policies and decisions.
Sincerity to carry out tasks responsibly in a way that is based on cooperation and mutual respect
Consistency between actions and principles outlined by the organization, honesty, and promote shared interests
Open minded, encourage innovation, adaptive, and innovative
Firm and trustworthy given by the organization, be served, and care
Faculty of Administrative Sciences helds its vision to become a center of academic excellence in administrative science, policy studies, and strategic governance based on Tri Dharma mission of university in Southeast Asia.
- Delivering a competitive and dignified higher education in the studies of administrative science and policy as well as strategic governance.
- Carrying out research in studies of administrative science and policy as well as strategic governance for developing sciences and achieving the nation’s objective.
- Carrying out community service for the prosperity of the nation.
- Producing a graduates who have the competence of administrative science with inter- and multi-disciplinary apporach and ability to compete at international level based on highest standard integrity
- Produce graduates who master the theory and methodology and apply administrative and policy knowledge and be able to interpret government macro policies, inter-organizational meso policies and intra-organizational micro policies in an integrated system order.
- Produce quality research in the field of Administrative Sciences and policy and develop administrative concepts and theories.
- Carry out community service in the fields of Administration and Policy.
- Planning and Human Resource Development.
- Engaging Research Cluster.
- Developing Performance Management.
- Building Standard Academic Audit.
- Building Dynamic and Collaborative Governance.
- Enterprising Faculty.
- Real Contribution for Nation and State.
- International Collaboration.
- Building Communication and Interraction between Civitas Academica.
- Building Collaboration with Alumni, Industry, and Government.
- Scientific Development based on Professorship and Scientific-Research Clusters;
- Academic and Non Academic Service Quality Improvement (Frontline dan Backline Services);
- Increased competence and expertise of Lecturers; and
- The establishment of a Collaborative Network between FIA and Domestic Partners (Central/Regional Government, University, Research Institutions, Private, and Scientific Associations) and Foreign Partners (Reputable Higher Education, and Research Institutions, and International Accreditation Institutions).
- The establishment of a Collaborative Network between FIA and Domestic Partners (Central / Regional Government, Higher Education, Research Institutions, Private and Scientific Associations) and Foreign Partners (Reputable Higher Education, and Research Institutions, and International Accreditation Institutions).
- Strengthening solidarity and cohesiveness of the FIA UI Family.